This form is intended for new character submissions or updates to an existing character.
Before you attend your third attended event, we encourage you to review the rulebook and identify if there are any aspects of your character you would like to change. You have the option to melting down completely for build and create the same character with changes, or a brand new character.
Players who have earned over 200 experience points and complete a retirement story arc at their
Home Branch will receive 75 experience points to use toward a new character. (Pg. 97-98)
1. A retirement story arc must be discussed with a player’s Home Branch’s employees in the
downtime and must be a mutually created story that not only brings a sense of
completion to the character; but also provides a character retirement that will engage and
drive story for other players.
2. A retirement story arc must be a minimum of 3 months in length and can take as long as
3. At the start of a retirement story arc all currency, items, resources, and in-character
materials that the character has must be turned over to a Home Branch. A character on a
retirement story arc will be provided with some of their resources for the continuation of
play; however, most items must be turned in. Both the Guide and the player should
record what items are turned in just in case a retirement story arc is canceled before the end. The new
character will be awarded half of all currency, scrap, herb and produce.
4. Once a retirement story arc begins, a player must follow the retirement story all the way
through to the end. In the instance that the player decides not to follow the retirement
story arc until the end, the items that were turned in will be returned to the player. Any
items that expire between the start of a retirement story arc and its cancellation will not
5. The player must check in with the Guides and participants they interact with the most on
an out-of-character level to encusre that no only is the person who is retiring their
character not experiencing negative bleed, but also that those who are impacted the most
by the character retirement are not being impacted by negative bleed.
6. The Home Branch’s employees and the player must follow and agree on all outlined
aspects of a retirement story arc (check-in, turning in of all goods, creation of a story that
is beneficial to the player and to the community, and clear communication and direction
in the downtime) at the start, middle, and end of the retirement arc.